American Association of University Women. Durham Branch (N.C.) records, 1913-1976 and undated 4.5 Linear Feet — Appoximately 4500 Items
The Association of Collegiate Alumnae formed in 1881; the Southern Association of College Women formed in 1903. They merged in 1921 to become the American Association of University Women. The Durham branch was founded in 1913 and became part of the AAUW at its founding in 1921. The records of the AAUW Durham chapter span the years from its founding in 1913 through the 1960s. The central organizational records are almost complete for this period, including minutes of Executive Board meetings, Presidents' files, financial records, membership information, and national and state convention files. The Presidents' files contain chiefly correspondence, but programs, membership rosters, and leadership information are also present. Records are arranged alphabetically by file groups.