Search

Back to top

Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Subject Triangle Universities Computation Center -- Programming services Remove constraint Subject: Triangle Universities Computation Center -- Programming services Names Triangle Universities Computation Center Remove constraint Names: Triangle Universities Computation Center University Archives Record Group 26 — Interdisciplinary Institutes, Research Centers, and Departments Remove constraint University Archives Record Group: 26 — Interdisciplinary Institutes, Research Centers, and Departments

Search Results

collection icon
The Triangle Universities Computation Center (TUCC) was incorporated in 1965 as a cooperative venture between Duke University, North Carolina State University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, with the goal of providing main-frame computing services, such as electronic data and batch processing, to the universities, RTI International and others. It dissolved in 1990 due to financial difficulties, the increased use of personal computers, and disagreements among the partners. Materials in the collection include administrative records, correspondence, meeting minutes, financial and statistical reports, memoranda, proposals, newsletters, photographs, slides, a scrapbook, and other materials from the Triangle Universities Computation Center.

The TUCC records spans the years 1954-1990. The collection is arranged into two series: Administrative Records, 1954-1990 and Visual Materials, 1966-1989 and undated.

Materials in the collection include administrative records, correspondence, meeting minutes, financial and statistical reports, memoranda, proposals, newsletters, photographs, slides, a scrapbook, and other materials from the Triangle Universities Computation Center.