Search

Back to top

Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Names Duke University -- Societies, etc. Remove constraint Names: Duke University -- Societies, etc.
Number of results to display per page
View results as:

Search Results

Collection
On June 2, 1911, the Omicron Chapter of Alpha Delta Pi was the first sorority to install a national chapter on the Trinity College (now Duke University) campus. Contains the records of the Omicron chapter of Alpha Delta Pi, a social sorority for undergraduate women at Duke University. Materials include published histories, a songbook, clippings, correspondence, newsletters, cards, a scrapbook, and invitations. Major subjects include Trinity College history, Duke University history, women college students, sorority songs, general governance of a sorority, and initiation. Materials date from 1927-1979. English.

Collection includes the records of the Omicron chapter of Alpha Delta Pi, a social sorority for undergraduate women at Duke University. The Omicron chapter was established in 1911. Materials include published histories, a songbook, clippings, correspondence, newsletters, cards, and invitations. Major subjects include Trinity College history, Duke University history, Alpha Delta Pi, women college students, sorority songs, general governance of a sorority, and initiation. Materials date from 1927 to 1979.

Collection
Alpha Epsilon Phi is a social sorority for undergraduate women. The Duke University chapter was established in 1934 and disbanded in the mid-1960s. The sorority was revived at Duke in 1977, with the establishment of the Alpha Epsilon chapter; it disbanded in 2004. Records include manuals, composite photographs, roll book, standards, project files, and other materials created and collected by the Alpha Epsilon Chapter of Duke University. English.

Records include manuals, composite photographs, roll book, standards, project files, and other materials created and collected by the Alpha Epsilon Chapter of Duke University.

Collection
The Beta Eta chapter of the Alpha Kappa Psi business fraternity was established at Duke University in 1929; the chapter dissolved sometime after 1963. Records contain correspondence, bylaws, membership records, constitution, handbook, reports, certificates, and a brief history of the Beta Eta chapter of Alpha Kappa Psi. English.

Contains correspondence, bylaws, membership records, a constitution, a handbook, reports, certificates, and a brief historic profile pertaining to the Beta Eta chapter of the Alpha Kappa Psi business fraternity at Duke University. Materials range in date from 1929 to 1963.

Collection
The Alpha Phi Omega, Lambda Nu Chapter was founded in 1955 at Duke University. The student service fraternity performs variety of volunteer activities in Durham as well as greater North Carolina and South Carolina. The Alpha Phi Omega, Lambda Nu Chapter Records contain minutes, reports, correspondence, administrative information, slides, composite photographs, audio tapes, scrapbooks, and other materials. English.

The Alpha Phi Omega, Lambda Nu Chapter Records include minutes, reports, correspondence, administrative information, slides, photographs, audio tapes, scrapbooks, and other materials documenting the history of this service fraternity. The first series, Administrative, contains information about the membership, volunteer work, social activities, and alumni of Lambda Nu. The second series, Slides, contains slides of Lambda Nu activities from 1980 to 1997. The next series, Audio Recordings, has one audio cassette of the 1998 Senior Banquet. The fourth series, Composite Photographs, contains photographs of all Lambda Nu Members during most school years between 1986 and 2002. The Scrapbooks series contains photographs, documents, handwritten notes, and other materials assembled by Lambda Nu members. The final series, Oversize Materials, houses oversize scrapbooks.

Collection
The Campus Club was founded in 1914 as a way for the wives of Duke faculty members to create a social community and to support the University through educational events. The collection contains documentation of Campus Club events, business meetings, and financial transactions, as well as scrapbooks, correspondence, clippings, and publications. The collection materials range in date from 1914 to ongoing.

This collection contains a variety of materials pertaining to the history of the Campus Club. Primary contents include notebooks kept by executive board members, scrapbooks created by various committees, and records documenting the work of numerous groups within the Club. Addtional types of documentation contained within the collection are promotional materials, oral histories, publicity clippings, and membership records.

Collection

Classical Club records, 1910 - 1944 0.5 Linear Feet — 15 Items

The Classical Club, founded in 1910, was a social academic club for male students and faculty of Trinity College (now Duke University). Female students joined the club in 1924. The club promoted interest in the language, literature, and art of ancient Greek and Roman cultures. Materials include minutes, constitutions, bylaws, a sketch, calendars, membership lists, correspondence, a draft of a paper, and clippings. Major subjects include Trinity College history, Duke University history, student groups, male college students, study of classical languages and appreciation of classical literature. Materials range in date from 1910 to 1944. English.

The Classical Club records include minutes, constitutions, bylaws, a sketch, calendars, membership lists, correspondence, a draft of a paper, and clippings. Major subjects include Trinity College history, Duke University history, student groups, male college students, study of classical languages and appreciation of classical literature. Materials range in date from 1910 to 1944.

Collection
The Alpha Epsilon chapter of Delta Sigma Phi was established at Duke University in 1920. Contains the records of the Alpha Epsilon chapter of the Delta Sigma Phi fraternity, a social fraternity for men at Duke University. Types of materials include correspondence, financial summaries, amendments to bylaws, meeting notes, minutes, and printed material. Major subjects include student life at Duke University, hazing, rush, chapter establishment, and governance. Materials range in date from 1920 to 1972.

Contains correspondence, financial summaries, amendments to bylaws, meeting notes, minutes, and printed material pertaining to the Alpha Epsilon chapter of Delta Sigma Phi at Duke University from 1920-1972. One folder is restricted.

Collection

Erasmus Club records, 1926-1986 1.5 Linear Feet — approx. 1,000 Items

The Erasmus Club was a campus literary society which organized in 1926 for the encouragement of study and research in language and literature, and later, the humanities in general. The collection contains minutes, correspondence, memoranda, students' essays, financial records, announcements and other material. It ranges in date from 1926-1986.

The collection includes minutes, correspondence, memoranda, students' essays, financial records, announcements and other material. There are scattered lists of speakers and topics, of joint meetings with the faculty of UNC, and of papers submitted. The minutes for the period of 1926-1938 are in a bound volume which also includes correspondence, notes and newspaper clippings. Minutes for 1938-1960 are loose and arranged chronologically by academic year, although there are some gaps. Scattered minutes for later years can be found in the Secretary's files. Student essays submitted for the prize make up half the collection. Where known, the winning entry and runner-up are arranged chronologically. The remainder are arranged alphabetically by the author's last name. The material ranges in date from 1926-1986.

Collection
Eta Sigma Phi is the national honorary collegiate society for students of Classical Studies. The collection includes financial records, correspondence, membership lists, ritual documents, constitution, and printed matter. The material ranges in date from 1942-1967.

The collection includes financial records, correspondence, membership lists, ritual documents, constitution, and printed matter. The material ranges in date from 1942-1967.

Collection
The Faculty Club of Duke University is a non-stock corporation chartered by the State of North Carolina in 1933. The purpose of the club was to foster good fellowship among members; to contribute to their social life; and to promote discussion of scholarly matters as well as matters of general interest. This collection contains reports, correspondence, minutes, memoranda, agendas, programs, lists, questionnaires, charter and bylaws, and newspaper clippings. Major subjects include Duke University faculty, faculty societies, and the Duke University Faculty Club. Materials range in date from 1918-1976. English.

Records were created by members and officers of the Faculty Club of Trinity College (and Duke University) between 1918 and 1976. The records consist of one box of foldered materials and one volume of Faculty Club records (1918 to 1933), which includes minutes of the Board of Governors. The collection primarily contains reports, correspondence, and minutes. It also consists of memoranda, agendas, programs, lists, questionnaires, the organization's charter and bylaws, and newspaper clippings.