Search

Back to top

Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Names Duke University. Department of Biology Remove constraint Names: Duke University. Department of Biology

Search Results

collection icon

Phytotron records, 1958 - 1984 6 Linear Feet — 4,500 Items

Established in 1968 with funds from Duke and the National Science Foundation (NSF), the Phytotron is a controlled environment research facility located on the Duke University campus housing plant growth chambers, controlled greenhouses, and associated instrumentation and laboratories. The Phytotron Records contain correspondence, memoranda, financial records, reports, grant proposals, blueprints, schematics, contracts, supplier catalogs, specification books, and other records of the planning, construction, and operation of the facility. Major subjects include the Duke University Dept. of Botany and Dept. of Biology, greenhouses, and global environmental change. English.

The Phytotron Records contain correspondence, memoranda, financial records, reports, grant proposals, blueprints, schematics, contracts, supplier catalogs, specification books, and ot er records of the planning and construction of the facility, as well as the operation of the Phytotron. These materials include a 1962 feasibility study, meeting minutes, construction progress reports, descriptions of phytotrons in business and academic settings, architect's reports, a facilities review, and records of the opening and dedication (1968), the Phytotron Board, the Regional Phytotron Committee, and USDA workshops.