Search

Back to top

Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Names Triangle Universities Computation Center Remove constraint Names: Triangle Universities Computation Center

Search Results

collection icon

Department of Computer Science records, 1961-1978 1.5 Linear Feet — 1500 Items

The Department of Computer Science originally formed as the Computer Science Program in 1971. It became a department in 1973. The files in this collection concern the origin and formation of the Department and include much information about the Duke University Computation Center (DUCC) and the Triangle Universities Computation Center (TUCC). Materials range in date from 1961-1978.

Contains materials regarding the origin and formation of the Department of Computer Science and includes reports, budgetary information, faculty biosketches, memos, minutes and miscellaneous items. Dates range from 1961-1978.

collection icon

Thomas M. Gallie papers, 1955 - 1972 9 Linear Feet — 6,000 Items

Thomas M. Gallie served as Professor of Mathematics and Director of the Computer Science Program at Duke University, and as leader of Triangle Universities Computation Center and the N.C. Educational Computing Services initiatives. The Gallie papers include correspondence, memoranda, reports, clippings, financial records, and grant proposals. Major subjects include the Duke University Department of Mathematics, the Department of Computer Science, N.C. Educational Computing Services, Triangle Universities Computation Center, computing at Duke University, computing in medical services, and computerized phonetic transcriptions. Materials range in date from 1955-1972.

The Gallie papers include correspondence, memoranda, reports, clippings, financial records, and grant proposals pertaining to the career of Thomas M. Gallie, the Triangle Universities Computation Center, and computing at Duke University. Materials range in date from 1955-1972.

collection icon
The Triangle Universities Computation Center (TUCC) was incorporated in 1965 as a cooperative venture between Duke University, North Carolina State University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, with the goal of providing main-frame computing services, such as electronic data and batch processing, to the universities, RTI International and others. It dissolved in 1990 due to financial difficulties, the increased use of personal computers, and disagreements among the partners. Materials in the collection include administrative records, correspondence, meeting minutes, financial and statistical reports, memoranda, proposals, newsletters, photographs, slides, a scrapbook, and other materials from the Triangle Universities Computation Center.

The TUCC records spans the years 1954-1990. The collection is arranged into two series: Administrative Records, 1954-1990 and Visual Materials, 1966-1989 and undated.

Materials in the collection include administrative records, correspondence, meeting minutes, financial and statistical reports, memoranda, proposals, newsletters, photographs, slides, a scrapbook, and other materials from the Triangle Universities Computation Center.