Search

Back to top

Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: University Archives Record Group 19 — Divinity School Remove constraint University Archives Record Group: 19 — Divinity School

Search Results

collection icon
Established in 1926, the Divinity School is one of 13 seminaries founded and supported by the United Methodist Church, and attracts students from around the nation and several different countries. The Divinity School has from its beginnings been ecumenical in aspiration, teaching, and practice. This collection contains information and materials documenting the operations of the Divinity School, including the activities of its deans, faculty, students, as well as various councils, committees and organizations within and associated with the school.

This collection contains information and materials documenting the operations of the Divinity School, including the activities of its deans, faculty, students, as well as various councils, committees and organizations within and associated with the school. Types of documents include correspondence, reports, convocations, information about the expansion and renovation of the school, strategic plans, minutes of various council, committee, and faculty meetings, photographs, sermons, bulletins, records of the theological society and other organizations within the school, financial records, lectures, publications, subject files, statistics, deans' files, academic programs, information about field education, alumni affairs, information about faculty members, documents relating to the early history of the Divinity School when it was known as the School of Religion, and other administrative files and records.

collection icon

Field Education Program records, 1926 - 1971 4.5 Linear Feet — 3000 Items

The Field Education Program administers a full-time summer term and a part-time academic term placements of divinity and church ministries graduate students. The Program began in 1926 under the supervision of Prof. Jesse M. Ormond, but its origins may lie in James B. Duke's donations for assisting rural N.C. churches starting around 1915. The Summer Preaching Program, as it was first known, was administered by the School of Religion in cooperation with the Rural Church Section of The Duke Endowment. Administrative records from the Field Education Program of the Duke University Divinity School. The records include correspondence and reports, 1926-1971, and administrative files, 1960-1971, documenting primarily clinical training programs. English.

Administrative records from the Field Education Program of the Duke University Divinity School. The records include correspondence and reports, 1926-1971, and administrative files, 1960-1971, documenting primarily clinical training programs.

collection icon
The Junaluska School of Religion was a summer program sponsored by the Duke School of Religion at Lake Junaluska, N.C. From the late 1920s to early 1940s, Methodist scholars and leaders attended the summer school. The collection mainly consists of correspondence, as well as reports, recommendations, registration cards, and other materials. Major subjects include the school's administration, student enrollment, curriculum, and planning. English.

The collection mainly includes correspondence, as well as reports, recommendations, registration cards, and other materials. Major topics include the administration of the school, student enrollment, curriculum, and planning.

collection icon
Leadership Education at Duke Divinity provides educational services, intellectual resources, and facilitates networks of institutions influencing Christian institutional leadership. Leadership Education at Duke Divinity School Records contain correspondence, memoranda, research, and reports related to the Pulpit and Pew research project; Forum on Excellence/Advancing Pastoral Excellence Initiative project; Duke Youth Academy; and the website for national Sustaining Pastoral Excellence projects.

The collection contains correspondence, memoranda, research, and reports related to the Pulpit and Pew research project; Forum on Excellence/Advancing Pastoral Excellence Initiative project; Duke Youth Academy; and the website for national Sustaining Pastoral Excellence projects.

collection icon
The Office of Black Church Studies was established as an initiative of the Duke Divinity School in the early 1970s. The office was created to support African American students and faculty in the Divinity School and sustain a specific curriculum on black preaching and the black experience with Christianity. There are materials related to African American churches, civil rights, and the status of African American students and faculty in universities across the country. Materials related to Martin Luther King, Jr.; Benjamin Chavis; Gardner C. Taylor; and Prathia Hall Wynn are included. Some items relate to black church studies at other academic institutions, non-profit organizations, and churches. The collection includes manuscripts, black-and-white and color photographs, digital images, and electronic records contained on compact discs. There are publications that predate the creation of the office.

The Office of Black Church Studies was established as an initiative of the Duke Divinity School in the early 1970s. The office was created to support African American students and faculty in the Divinity School and sustain a specific curriculum on black preaching and the black experience with Christianity.There are materials related to African American churches, civil rights, and the status of African American students and faculty in universities across the country. Materials related to Martin Luther King, Jr.; Benjamin Chavis; Gardner C. Taylor; and Prathia Hall Wynn are included.Some items relate to black church studies at other academic institutions, non-profit organizations, and churches. The collection includes manuscripts, black-and-white and color photographs, digital images, and electronic records contained on compact discs. There are publications that predate the creation of the office.

collection icon

Theological Society records, 1870-1893 1 Linear Foot — 3 Items

The Trinity College Theological Society was founded in 1870 and was the precursor to the Divinity School. This collection contains minutes, member lists, and constitution of the Trinity College Theological Society. The material ranges in date from 1870-1893.

The collection consits files pertaining to the Trinity College Theological Society. These include minutes, member lists, and the constitution, contained within three bound volumes. The three volumes are grouped under the series of Records.