Dick Harold papers, circa 1930s-1960s
Navigate the Collection
- Harold, Dick
- Outdoor advertising executive, manager of family billposting company Harold Outdoor Advertising that operated in Indiana and surrounding states.
- 1.5 Linear Feet
- Materials in English
- Collection ID:
- Scope and content:
Slides, photographs and printed material related to billboards posted in and around Indianapolis, Indiana by Harold Outdoor Advertising, General Outdoor Advertising, and Naegele Outdoor during the 1930s-60s. Acquired as part of the John W. Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising & Marketing History.
- Biographical / historical:
Dick Harold was an outdoor advertising executive and manager of family billposting company Harold Outdoor Advertising that operated in Indiana and surrounding states.
- Acquisition information:
- The Dick Harold papers were received by the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book Manuscript Library as a gift in 2006.
- Processing information:
Processed by Richard Collier, February 2016
Accessions described in this collection guide: 2006-0021
- Rules or conventions:
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Using These Materials
- Using These Materials Links:
Using These Materials
Collection is open for research.
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
All or portions of this collection may be housed off-site in Duke University's Library Service Center. The library may require up to 48 hours to retrieve these materials for research use.
Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library to use this collection.
- Terms of access:
The copyright interests in this collection have not been transferred to Duke University. For more information, consult the copyright section of the Regulations and Procedures of the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
- Before you visit:
- Please consult our up-to-date information for visitors page, as our services and guidelines periodically change.
- Preferred citation:
[Identification of item], Dick Harold papers, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.