Lisa Jaronski zine collection, 1992-2005
Navigate the Collection
- Jaronski, Lisa and Sallie Bingham Center for Women's History and Culture
- A collection of about 470 zines, mostly of the personal nature, mostly written by women, acquired during the period of the late 1990s to early 2000s.
- 5.4 Linear Feet
- Materials in English
- Collection ID:
- Scope and content:
Collection consists of zines primarily from the U.S., with a small number from Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Many of the zines were acquired through trade and larger organized swaps referred to as “Lazy Jane’s Zine Trades” arranged by the collector (ie: send in 30 copies of your zine, get 30 unique zines back from the other participants).
- Biographical / historical:
Lisa Jaronski, aka, Lazy Jane, is from upstate New York. She is the author of the zines When Swinging Next to You, and Jurm, as well as a few single-issue zines.
- Acquisition information:
- The Lisa Jaronski Zine Collection was acquired by the Rubenstein Library as a gift in 2013.
- Processing information:
Processed by: Claire Radcliffe, March 2014
Accessions described in this finding aid: 2013-0037
The collection is divided into two series: Zines by Women and Zines by Men, each of which is organized alphabetically by zine title.
- Rules or conventions:
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Click on terms below to find related finding aids on this site. For other related materials in the Duke University Libraries, search for these terms in the Catalog.
Using These Materials
- Using These Materials Links:
Using These Materials
Collection is open for research.
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
All or portions of this collection may be housed off-site in Duke University's Library Service Center. The library may require up to 48-hours to retrieve these materials for research use.
Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library to use this collection.
- Terms of access:
The copyright interests in this collection have not been transferred to Duke University. For more information, consult the copyright section of the Regulations and Procedures of the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
- Before you visit:
- Please consult our up-to-date information for visitors page, as our services and guidelines periodically change.