Athletics Reference collection, 1888-2005
Navigate the Collection
- Duke University. University Archives
- The Athletics Reference Collection contains files of clippings, articles and essays, printouts, publications, and other materials about Duke athletic programs.
- 8.4 Linear Feet
- Material in English
- Collection ID:
- University Archives Record Group:
- 01 -- General Information and University History
01 -- General Information and University History > 11 -- Reference Collections
- Scope and content:
The Athletics Reference Collection contains files of clippings, articles and essays, printouts, publications, and other materials about Duke athletic programs. Topics include revenue and non-revenue sports, cheerleaders, fan behavior, fundraising, the Hall of Fame, Duke Olympians and other athletes, and sports promotions. This collection was compiled from a variety of sources by the University Archives for use in reference and research.
- Acquisition information:
- The Athletics Reference collection materials were compiled from a variety of sources by University Archives staff for reference and research.
- Processing information:
Processed by Tom Harkins, May 2004
Encoded by Kimberly Sims, September 2006
Updated by Sherrie Bowser, February 2007
Updated by Kimberly Sims, August 2010
Updated by Molly Bragg, July 2011
- Physical location:
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
- Rules or conventions:
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Click on terms below to find related finding aids on this site. For other related materials in the Duke University Libraries, search for these terms in the Catalog.
Using These Materials
- Using These Materials Links:
Using These Materials
Collection is open for research.
- Terms of access:
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
- Before you visit:
- Please consult our up-to-date information for visitors page, as our services and guidelines periodically change.
- Preferred citation:
[Identification of item], Athletics Reference Collection, Duke University Archives, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.