Baseball records, 1933-[ongoing]
Navigate the Collection
- Duke University. Sports Information Office
- The Sports Information Office provides information about Duke athletics to the media. They also facilitate press interviews with Duke athletes and coaches. The collection includes clippings, press releases, statistics, rosters, programs and press brochures/media guides about the baseball team at Duke University. The material ranges in date from 1933-ongoing.
- 12.8 Linear Feet
- Material in English
- Collection ID:
- University Archives Record Group:
- 13 -- Athletics
13 -- Athletics > 02 -- Sports Information Office
- Scope and content:
The collection includes clippings, press releases, statistics, rosters, programs and press brochures/media guides about the baseball team at Duke University. There are files regarding the freshman (junior varsity) baseball team, The Big Four and ACC Tournaments, the Alumni baseball game played on September 27, 1986, and a compilation of Duke University players that went on to play in the Major Leagues (compiled 1989). The material ranges in date from 1933-ongoing.
- Biographical / historical:
The Sports Information Office provides information about Duke athletics to the media. They also facilitate press interviews with Duke athletes and coaches. For many years, the Sports Information Office has maintained records, photographs and other material about Duke athletic teams.
- Acquisition information:
- The Baseball records were received by the University Archives as a transfer over time.
- Processing information:
Processed by Sherrie Bowser, December 2007
Encoded by Sherrie Bowser, December 2007
Updated by Mary Samouelian, August 2008
Accessions were merged into one collection, described in this finding aid.
- Physical location:
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
- Rules or conventions:
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Click on terms below to find related finding aids on this site. For other related materials in the Duke University Libraries, search for these terms in the Catalog.
Using These Materials
- Using These Materials Links:
Using These Materials
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
- Terms of access:
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
- Before you visit:
- Please consult our up-to-date information for visitors page, as our services and guidelines periodically change.
- Preferred citation:
[Identification of item], Baseball Records, Duke University Archives, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.