Fencing records, 1939-ongoing
Navigate the Collection
- Duke University. Sports Information Office
- The Sports Information Office provides information about Duke athletics to the media. They also facilitate press interviews with Duke athletes and coaches. The collection includes clippings, press releases, statistics, rosters, programs and press brochures/media guides about the fencing team at Duke University. The material ranges in date from 1939-2006, bulk 1963-2002.
- 2.8 Linear Feet
- Material in English
- Collection ID:
- University Archives Record Group:
- 13 -- Athletics
13 -- Athletics > 02 -- Sports Information Office
- Scope and content:
The collection includes clippings, press releases, statistics, rosters, programs and press brochures/media guides about the fencing team at Duke University. The materials provide information concerning both the men and women's fencing teams. The collection ranges in date from 1939-2006, bulk 1963-1999.
- Biographical / historical:
The Sports Information Office provides information about Duke athletics to the media. They also facilitate press interviews with Duke athletes and coaches. For many years, the SI Office has maintained records, photographs and other material about Duke athletic teams.
- Acquisition information:
- The Fencing records were received by the University Archives as a transfer over time.
- Processing information:
Processed by Sherrie Bowser, January 2008
Encoded by Sherrie Bowser, January 2008
Accessions were merged into one collection, described in this finding aid.
- Physical location:
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
- Rules or conventions:
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Click on terms below to find related finding aids on this site. For other related materials in the Duke University Libraries, search for these terms in the Catalog.
Using These Materials
- Using These Materials Links:
Using These Materials
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
Collection is open for research.
- Terms of access:
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
- Before you visit:
- Please consult our up-to-date information for visitors page, as our services and guidelines periodically change.
- Preferred citation:
[Identification of item], Fencing Records, Duke University Archives, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.