Office of the Provost, Finance and Administration Records, 1987-2016
Navigate the Collection
- Duke University. Office of the Provost. Finance and Administration
- The Finance and Administration group is a part of the Office of the Provost of Duke University responsible for budgets and cost planning of all academic and administrative units under the Provost, as well as human resources, space planning, and the university's support of Duke Kunshan University. The collection includes materials related to planning and opening of Duke Kunshan University, student financial aid, and other topics.
- 15 Linear Feet
- Materials in English
- Collection ID:
- University Archives Record Group:
- 05 -- Office of the Provost
05 -- Office of the Provost > 01 -- Office of the Provost
- Scope and content:
Includes materials related to planning, construction, and opening of Duke Kunshan University; planning and reporting related to student financial aid; university strategic planning; and other topics. The collection has not yet been processed.
- Biographical / historical:
The Finance and Administration group is a part of the Office of the Provost of Duke University. Finance and Administration is responsible for coordinating the budgets, cost allocations, and budget reporting of academic and administrative units under the Provost; administering human resources for all areas under the Provost; facilitating Duke's global activities, including support of Duke Kunshan University; managing the administration of student and faculty technology systems; and facilitating space planning and allocation, among other activities. Offices and groups that report to Finance and Administration include Budget and Finance, the Duke Kunshan University Support Unit, Human Resources, Faculty Affairs and Records, and Institutional Research.
James S. Roberts is the Executive Vice Provost for Finance and Administration and has been in the Office of the Provost since the mid-1990s.
Sources: Office of the Provost, Finance and Administration website, https://finance.provost.duke.edu/, viewed 2017 August 01.
- Acquisition information:
- The Office of the Provost, Finance and Administration Records were received by the Duke University Archives as a transfer in 2017 and 2019.
- Processing information:
Processed by Tracy M. Jackson, August 2017. 2019 accession added by Tracy M. Jackson, July 2019.
Accessions described in this collection guide: UA2017.0035, UA2019.0053.
- Rules or conventions:
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Click on terms below to find related finding aids on this site. For other related materials in the Duke University Libraries, search for these terms in the Catalog.
Using These Materials
- Using These Materials Links:
Using These Materials
For a period of twenty-five years from the origin of the material, permission in writing from the office of origin and the University Archivist is required for use of administrative records. After twenty-five years, records that have been processed may be consulted with the permission of the University Archivist.
Records of the University's Board of Trustees which have been in existence for at least fifty years are available for scholarly research with the permission of the University Archivist. Access to records which have been in existence for less than fifty years shall be granted only by special permission, in writing, from the Board of Trustees.
In accordance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 as amended, Duke University permits students to inspect their education records and limits the disclosure of personally identifiable information from education records.
Records, such as search committee files or others pertaining to employment where individuals are identified, are closed for 70 years.
- Terms of access:
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
- Before you visit:
- Please consult our up-to-date information for visitors page, as our services and guidelines periodically change.
- Preferred citation:
[Identification of item], Office of the Provost, Finance and Administration Records, Duke University Archives, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.