Leadership Education at Duke Divinity Records, 1999-2010, undated
Navigate the Collection
- Duke University. Divinity School
- Leadership Education at Duke Divinity provides educational services, intellectual resources, and facilitates networks of institutions influencing Christian institutional leadership. Leadership Education at Duke Divinity School Records contain correspondence, memoranda, research, and reports related to the Pulpit and Pew research project; Forum on Excellence/Advancing Pastoral Excellence Initiative project; Duke Youth Academy; and the website for national Sustaining Pastoral Excellence projects.
- 25 Linear Feet
- Materials in English
- Collection ID:
- University Archives Record Group:
- 19 -- Divinity School
19 -- Divinity School > 06 -- Leadership Education
- Scope and content:
The collection contains correspondence, memoranda, research, and reports related to the Pulpit and Pew research project; Forum on Excellence/Advancing Pastoral Excellence Initiative project; Duke Youth Academy; and the website for national Sustaining Pastoral Excellence projects.
- Biographical / historical:
Leadership Education at Duke Divinity (LEDD) provides educational services, intellectual resources, and facilitates networks of institutions influencing Christian institutional leadership. Founded by a grant from the Lilly Endowment Inc. in 2008, LEDD is part of the Duke Divinity School and offers programs and grants for Christian leaders.
The Pulpit & Pew was a research project designed to describe the state of Protestant and Catholic pastoral leadership in the U.S. The project examined trends facing clergy and aimed to provide resources for pastoral leadership.
The Duke Divinity School coordinated the Sustaining Pastoral Excellence program under the Advancing Pastoral Excellence initiative. In May of 2005, it hosted a major Forum on Excellence in Ministry in Indianapolis, which brought together 250 leaders from a variety of churches and church-related settings.
The Duke Youth Academy was designed as a year-long program for young people to explore Christian life. The week-long residency on the Duke University campus was combined with a year of mentorship, practice, and online community.
The website for Sustaining Pastoral Excellence projects served as a forum for articles and nationwide projects nationwide from 2005 to 2008, when publication ceased.
The Institute for Clergy Excellence was funded by the Lilly Endowment for the Duke Divinity School to host a coordination program enabling grantees to connect with and learn from one another.
- Acquisition information:
- The Leadership Education at Duke Divinity Records were received by the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book Manuscript Library as a transfer from Mary Page, Events Management and Support Services, Duke Divinity School in 2016.
- Processing information:
Processed by Leah M. Kerr, April 2020
Accession described in this collection guide: UA2016-0006
This collection guide was created or updated with information provided by donors or external parties, and box or file lists have not been verified by Rubenstein Library staff. Errors may be present and can be reported to AskRL@duke.edu.
Click on terms below to find related finding aids on this site. For other related materials in the Duke University Libraries, search for these terms in the Catalog.
Using These Materials
- Using These Materials Links:
Using These Materials
Access restricted. For a period of twenty-five years from the origin of the material, permission in writing from the office of origin and the University Archivist is required for use of administrative records. After twenty-five years, records that have been processed may be consulted with the permission of the University Archivist. Contact Research Services for more information.
Access note. Collection contains fragile audiovisual/photographic formats that may need to be reformatted before use. Contact Research Services for access.
- Terms of access:
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law
- Before you visit:
- Please consult our up-to-date information for visitors page, as our services and guidelines periodically change.
- Preferred citation:
[Identification of item], Leadership Education at Duke Divinity Records, Duke University Archives, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.