University Archives Postcard collection, 1905-ongoing
Navigate the Collection
- Duke University. University Archives
- The University Archives Postcard Collection was compiled by University Archives staff from a variety of sources. The collection consists of approximately 500 black and white and color postcards depicting various buildings and campus scenes of Duke University and Trinity College. Dates of the postcards range from 1905 to the present, but many are undated.
- 0.75 Linear Feet
- Material in English
- Collection ID:
- University Archives Record Group:
- 01 -- General Information and University History
01 -- General Information and University History > 15 -- Audio/Video (A/V), Photographic, and Visual Materials
- Scope and content:
The University Archives Postcard Collection spans the years 1905 to the present, but many of the postcards are undated. The approximately 500 black and white and color postcards depict various buildings and campus scenes of Duke University (East and West Campuses) and Trinity College including the Duke Chapel, Sarah P. Duke Gardens, dormitories, statues and administration buildings. Also included are a few postcards of the Duke Homestead and various Duke residences. The collection is arranged alphabetically, with the exception of Box 2 which consists entirely of loose oversized postcards and souvenir folders. Selected images from the collection have been digitized and are available in the Duke Yearlook photoset on Flickr.
- Biographical / historical:
The University Archives Postcard Collection was compiled by University Archives staff from a variety of sources.
- Acquisition information:
- The University Archives Photograph Collection received by the University Archives from a variety of sources.
- Processing information:
Processed by Mary Samouelian, March 2008
Encoded by Mary Samouelian, March 2008
The University Archives Postcard Collection received by the University Archives from a variety of sources. Accessions were merged into one collection, described in this finding aid.
- Physical location:
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
- Rules or conventions:
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Click on terms below to find related finding aids on this site. For other related materials in the Duke University Libraries, search for these terms in the Catalog.
Using These Materials
- Using These Materials Links:
Using These Materials
Collection is open for research.
- Terms of access:
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
- Before you visit:
- Please consult our up-to-date information for visitors page, as our services and guidelines periodically change.
- Preferred citation:
[Identification of item], University Archives Postcard Collection, Duke University Archives, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.