Abortion Care Network records, 2007-2012 and undated
Navigate the Collection
- Abortion Care Network
- Network of independent abortion providers, allies, and individuals; founded through the merge of the National Coalition of Abortion Providers and the Abortion Conversation Project. Collection includes founding documents, newsletters, and promotional and printed materials from the Abortion Care Network. Acquired as part of the Sallie Bingham Center for Women's History and Culture.
- 0.3 Linear Feet
- Material in English
- Collection ID:
- Scope and content:
Collection includes founding documents, newsletters, and promotional materials from the Abortion Care Network, with items dating from 2007 to 2010 and undated. Acquired as part of the Sallie Bingham Center for Women's History and Culture.
- Biographical / historical:
The Abortion Care Network is a network of independent abortion providers, allies, and individuals which began operations in July 2008. It was founded through the merge of the National Coalition of Abortion Providers (now dissolved) and the Abortion Conversation Project, which still operates as ACN's sister organization. The majority of ACN members are independent clinic owners and staff.
- Acquisition information:
- The Abortion Care Network Records were received by the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book Manuscript Library as a gift in 2011, 2012.
- Processing information:
Processed by Laura Micham, March 2011
Encoded by Meghan Lyon, March 2011
Updated by Alice Poffinberger, September 2013
Accessions 2011-0047 and 2012-0169 are described in this finding aid.
- Physical location:
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
- Rules or conventions:
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Click on terms below to find related finding aids on this site. For other related materials in the Duke University Libraries, search for these terms in the Catalog.
Using These Materials
- Using These Materials Links:
Using These Materials
Collection is open for research.
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
All or portions of this collection may be housed off-site in Duke University's Library Service Center. The library may require up to 48 hours to retrieve these materials for research use.
Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library to use this collection.
- Terms of access:
The copyright interests in this collection have not been transferred to Duke University. For more information, consult the copyright section of the Regulations and Procedures of the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
- Before you visit:
- Please consult our up-to-date information for visitors page, as our services and guidelines periodically change.
- Preferred citation:
[Identification of item], Abortion Care Network Records, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.