Forestry Club records, 1962-1976
Navigate the Collection
- Duke University. Forestry Club
- The Forestry Club (sometimes called the Environmental Management Club) was founded in 1962 by graduate students from Duke's Department of Forestry. Contains correspondence, budgets, memoranda, flyers and negatives related to the activities of the student-run Forestry Club from the years 1962-1976.
- 0.25 Linear Feet
- Material in English
- Collection ID:
- University Archives Record Group:
- 31 -- Student/Campus Life
31 -- Student/Campus Life > 15 -- Student Organizations – Environmental
- Scope and content:
Contains correspondence, budgets, memoranda and flyers relating to Club activities. Activities include the Spring Banquet and Christmas tree sales, academic meetings, yearbook and speakers series. Also contains photographic negatives of banquets, a club portrait and student projects. A folder of prints was moved to the Photograph Collection. Packets of canceled checks and detailed financial statements were discarded, and the collection was reduced to one Hollinger box.
- Biographical / historical:
The Forestry Club (sometimes called the Environmental Management Club) was founded in 1962 by graduate students in Duke's School of Forestry. The Club organized activities for Forestry students including the Spring Banquet and Christmas tree sale and also published a yearbook starting in 1964-1965. The Club also served as an advocacy group during 1975-1976 amid Duke University's deliberations regarding the phase-out of the School of Forestry and Environmental Studies.
- Acquisition information:
- The Forestry Club Records were received by the University Archives as a transfer in 1977.
- Processing information:
Processed by Jessica Wood,
Encoded by Sherrie Bowser,
- Physical location:
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
- Rules or conventions:
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Click on terms below to find related finding aids on this site. For other related materials in the Duke University Libraries, search for these terms in the Catalog.
Using These Materials
- Using These Materials Links:
Using These Materials
Collection is open for research.
- Terms of access:
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
- Before you visit:
- Please consult our up-to-date information for visitors page, as our services and guidelines periodically change.
- Preferred citation:
[Identification of item], Forestry Club Records, Duke University Archives, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.